The flames coming from Joe’s Ranch House in Beach Lake quickly tore through the newly renovated restaurant and apartments along Route 652 in Wayne County.
Hours later, owner Joe Krempasky sifted through the aftermath as current and former employees looked on in disbelief.
Fire crews said it’s a total loss. Carol Wingert’s daughter Kristen lived in what’s left of this apartment. Carol snapped a photo as fire crews battled the blaze. She believes it’s an image of the face of Jesus right outside her daughter’s apartment. Carol was also amazed that the only thing inside that wasn’t damaged was a Bible.
“Absolutely, I mean she`s blessed. Everybody here is blessed, and we`re blessed that we didn`t lose any firefighters or anything. The fire was huge,” said Carol Wingert of Narrowsburg, New York.
A dozen people without jobs, a lovely business destroyed, people crying and heartbroken. And they feel BLESSED?
(Just an aside, Bibles don’t burn easily because the pages are tight together not allowing the fire to consume them. Try throwing ANY book into a fire.)
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment